Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Journal 4 (NETS T 1,2)

Johnson, D. (2009). Computing in the clouds. Learning & Leading with Technology, 37(4), Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/learn/publications/learning-and-leading/digital-edition-december-janruary-2009-2010.aspx

Computing in the Clouds, promotes and models the digital-age in a cost effective manner. Doug Johnson, the author of Computing in the Clouds offers up an easy finance situation for schools to be cost effective, promote and support student inventiveness, engage students in exploring digital tools, and be technologically current and proficient with innovative thinking. I've used a program exactly like this. With Google Docs, it's the same idea; making available shared resources via internet. This is really a nifty program, it truly makes your documents omnipresent. I agree with Doug Johnson when he says that this not only makes life easier, but efficient. I have a netbook and I don't want to slow it down with documents.

Question #1 Are all programs collaborative like this? I ask because I wonder about Prezi. It's great to weed out all the unnecessary effort. I think it would be possible. If internet programs cannot collaborate like this the users become estrange. The silver lining as Doug Johnson puts it is the network that makes way for innovative collaboration.


Question #2 What if I lose access to the internet? With this innovative collaboration tool there is also an applet if there is an issue getting online. So you'd be able to work on the documents but you would have to collaborate later, when the internet is back in action; and from what I understand it is dynamic. Imagine riding the world of flash drives and harddrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment